At Galecki, we are committed to providing the latest financial news and information to help you make informed decisions.
- U.S. Futures Drop, Stocks Mixed as Yields Jump: Markets Wrap
- First Mover Asia: Bitcoin Is Off on US Holiday and Could Fall Further
- The Truth Behind Trading Semiconductor (Chip) Stocks
- Be a landlord for Amazon and FedEx with these REITs that yield up to 4.1%
- Buy These 2 Small-Cap Stocks to Double Your Investment, Say Analysts
- The Oil Market Is Already Looking Beyond Omicron
- Jefferies: 3 top internet stocks for 2022 with as much as 40% upside
- Ford signs 5-year agreement with Stripe to scale e-commerce
- Is the stock market open today? Here are the trading hours on Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- AMD & ESG: Purpose-Driven Approach to High-Performance Computing
- Asia Is Winning The War For EV Batteries
- Earnings season in full swing, Fed blackout period: What to know this week
- What Strategists See for Markets as Treasury Yields Spike
- UnitedHealth to Post Higher 4Q Earnings and Revenue; Target Price $575 in Best Case
- Global stocks advance with U.S. exchanges shut as traders wait for earnings reports
BENEFITS OF FINANCIAL ADVISORS
- What you need to know about financial advice
In the financial world today, there are basically two types of advice available to investors: that…
- The Benefits of Working with a Registered Investment Advisor
Personalized, Focused Financial Advice A key component of planning your financial strategy is…
- The added value of financial advisors
Recent Vanguard research¹ shows that your advisor not only adds peace of mind, but also may add…
- Liz Ann Sonders talks about the recent jobs report.
Lest you were blissfully unaware of the report, here are the relatively gory details. Payroll…
- Prevent a tax-time surprise by reviewing your situation now
Now would be a great time to review your tax withholdings or estimates. Too often individuals will put…
- Indianapolis Financial Planner
Indianapolis Financial Planner The biggest factor in your success in creating and maintaining…
- Angola Financial Planner
Planning Your Future: Finding the Right Financial Planner in Angola You know how important it is…
- Auburn Financial Planner
Auburn Financial Planning Are you looking for a financial planner in Auburn, Indiana? Planning and…
- Tips for preventing fraud
This checklist summarizes common cyber fraud tactics, along with tips and best practices.
RESOURCES FOR Parents and Grandparents
The Alumni Factor was created in 2013 and focuses on how alumni from various schools fare out in the world, and how they feel about themselves and their lives. It also ranks schools by alumni views on social and political issues. A prospective student and his or her parents can see the schools at which alumni are most likely to be in favor for or against such issues, which provides a sense of whether a student would feel a sense of inclusion or exclusion if he or she attended.
Colleges that Change Lives discusses schools that are focused on building the kind of living and learning communities in which undergraduates engage in rigorous work done in close contact with faculty and among their peers.
Fair Test: The National Center for Fair and Open Testing shows the over 800 schools that the SAT/ACT is optional. The schools will look at scores if you submit them but are far more interested in other measures of academic capability and potential.
FreeRangeKids.com: On giving kids more freedom and independence.
Playborhood.com: Focuses on importance of play and adventure in kids’ lives.
JessicaLahey.com: Emphasizes letting kids do their own academic work.
TinkeringSchool.com: Focuses on play and adventure.
ChallengeSuccess.org: Looks at reducing academic stress in schools and at home.
Lythcott-Haims, Julie. How to Raise An Adult: Break Free of The Overparenting Trap and Prepare Your Kid for Success. Henry Holt & Company, 2015.
Lahey, Jessica. The Gift of Failure: How the Best Parents Learn to Let Go So Their Children Can Succeed. Harper, 2015.
Madeline, Levine. The Price of Privilege: How Parental Pressure and Material Advantage Are Creating a Generation of Disconnected and Unhappy Kids. Harper Perennial, 2008.
McKinnon MD, John A. An Unchanged Mind: The Problem of Immaturity in Adolescence. Lantern Books, 2008. Addresses the question of why so many American teenagers are failing to develop normally through adolescence.
Pozatek, Krissy. The Parallel Process: Growing Alongside Your Adolescent or Young Adult Child in Treatment. Lantern Books, 2010. Discusses therapeutic programs like wilderness and how they work.
Senior, Jessica. All Joy and No Fun: The Paradox of Modern Parenthood. Ecco, 2014.
The Conversation Starter Kit was developed for individuals to begin the difficult, but necessary conversations about end-of-life planning, including any wishes, requests and care-taking. By answering the question, “What matters to me at the end of life is…,” one can begin to focus on what they value and how it will come into play. A great starting point, the kit then goes on to help measure different who, whats, whens, wheres and hows on a scale – ensuring all the bases are covered completely and thoughtfully.
The Lasting Matters Organizer is a relaxed, inexpensive method to record, organize and design an individual’s end-of-life wishes. It allows them to independently plan how they want things to go, what they want to be seen, and how they want their story told. The organizer ensures content and comfort for the individual and their loved ones, without the difficult, emotional conversations.